Desiree

Desiree;

one third reckless runaway,
two thirds wishful writer.

18.4.11

50-50

On 14.4.11, I went for my most important interview yet. (I'm refusing to name the university I applied to in case my blog appears on Google search.) The undergraduate course I'm hoping to study is a four year direct honours Bachelor’s degree in English Literature. I breezed through the writing test but pretty much blanked out during the interview. The professor was pleasant and kept the interview casual but the questions he tossed at me were really intimidating. I knew he stalled to give me time to formulate the kind of answers he was looking out for and for that I was thankful. Still, it took me a long while to gather my shit together. It was a struggle to figure exactly what he was insinuating at while remaining sensible in my answers. I remember trying to be the most 'me' the entire time and especially the last part where I had a mini outburst about my passionate vision of myself in the future. It was rather embarrassing to be honest...I wish I could have been more eloquent and calm but...at the end of the day, the professor (to my delight disbelief) said "I'll put in a positive recommendation." I was so shocked, I just stared at him. Speechless. Everything after that happened in a blur. I shook his hand, thanked him, let slip another mini outburst (oh god) and....yeah.

Even now I'm still asking myself if this is really happening. If the professor truly meant what he said...I'll most likely be getting my letter of acceptance this week. After 6 letters of rejection last year...can something good really happen to me this time round?

No comments:

Post a Comment